Seeking full time position developing high quality software using Python or C++.
- Worked on the Interop translation portion of the new CATIA Geometric Modeller (CGM) based product. Used C++, Python and Scheme for test generation
- Used Python to streamline development.
- Used Agile development in the Productivity and Tools group to develop the internal "TestCenter" web application. Used Java, JSP, JUnit, MySQL and Tomcat.
- Maintained the "Quality Checker" (QC) component of TestCenter in C++.
- Participated in a team room with Interop developers to develop the beta release of the CGM Writer component.
- Participated in a team room with ACIS developers to develop of new CGM componenent.
- Refactored code in TestCenter, QC, Interop, and CGM to improve readability and efficiency.
- Initially worked in the "DBA Group", developing a web interface for creating, verifying, and managing Unique Identifier (UID) labels
- Took over development of the internal DBA website
- Created a C++ application for hand-held bar code scanners to communicate with existing inventory management system.
- Volunteered for, and eventually moved to, a "Systems" development position, writing Jovial and x86 assembly language for the Automated Remote Tracking Station Software (ARTS)
- Assisted with maintenance and deployment of ARTS at customer sites
- This position required a Secret level security clearance
- Maintained 1.5 million lines of C++ code using DCE RPC, Oracle 10g, and Solaris for the server portion of the CarlX library management system.
- Used Ruby to automate testing and bug reproduction.
- Refactored code to improve readability and efficiency.
- Developed call routing applications for Verizon's Next Generation Service Network (NGSN).
- Performed QA on applications built by other developers.
- Performed troubleshooting and corrected trouble tickets.
- Developed coaching tool and member's website using Java, J2EE, JSP, Hibernate, Struts, and MySQL
- Created Perl and Visual Basic 6 utilities.
Received Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with minor in Economics
In my free time I've released a number of small projects as open source, most of which are available at https://github.com/jl2.